Friday, October 20, 2017

Week Nine Story: The Decision

I was just trying to use my father’s expedition to get some amazing photos that not many get the opportunity to get. Not make this life-altering decision on whether to stay with what I have always known or take a leap of faith. Oh gosh, how rude of me! My name is Jane and I am guessing you have no clue what I am talking about. Well, let me start from the beginning.
                It all started on a warm night in June. My father Robert, his business partner Bruce, and I hoped on a boat and slowly headed towards the small island called the Mountain of Flowers and Fruits. We planned to go and look at the wildlife and do research on the animals we can find, but I think Bruce has a different idea for this trip. Once we made it on the island we hurried and set up camp so that we could head out in the morning for our first day of adventure.
                The sun was just coming up over the mountain and I could hardly wait to get this started. I am going to college for photography and this was going to be my big break. My dad and Bruce slowly got up and made breakfast and started getting things ready for our eight-hour hike around the mountain. Finally, they were ready and we started our journey into this beautiful new world.
                We were about two hours in and I noticed a small monkey up ahead on the trail.  I asked everyone to freeze so I could get my perfect picture of him eating his banana. Well, it turned out I wasn’t the only one looking through a lens. I looked up to Bruce staring at the innocent little guy through a scope on his rifle. I instantly stood up and stepped in-between the monkey and the gun to show Bruce that we were not here to kill animals, we were here to explore their home.  He rolled his eyes at me and continued trucking around the mountain.
                It was almost lunchtime and we found a nice waterfall to sit and eat our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by. As we were sitting there just admiring the beauty a group of giant apes and a man, yes, I said man, ran across the top of the waterfall as if they were playing. We were all in such shock we didn’t know what to say or do. After they had left I looked at my father and told him we couldn’t leave until we had gotten more information and I had gotten a picture of the two beings coexisting. We decided to move camp to the bottom of the waterfall so we could keep an eye out for the group.
                One night I was woken up by a noise outside my tent. Scared and curious I slowly walked out and there they were just sitting there looking at all of our stuff. When they finally realized I was watching them they froze. I tried talking to them and they all slowly backed away from me except the man. He slowly walked toward me reaching his hand out as if he had never seen another human before. I turned, grabbed my camera and then I reached out my hand. He quickly grabbed me quickly and ran with me on his back after the other apes. We went to the top of the waterfall and he said four words that I never expected. He said, “Do you trust me?” I nodded and as I buried my face in his back, he jumped off the cliff into the waterfall. When he landed I opened my eyes to such an amazing scene. They had created a hidden home that no one would ever have been able to find. I took more pictures then I could have imagined and was in awe of the amazing place they had made their own. It was clear he was the leader and even though all the apes were concerned by me, they still respected his decision on bringing me here. I will spare you the details on him showing me around and letting me into his world. I had taken so many amazing photos that a photographer would just die to get.

                Now comes the decision I am struggling so hard to decide on. Even though the smart decision is to go home and stick with my family and career, my heart is telling me to pick this new and undiscovered world that I feel like I belong to so well. What would you choose? 

       Bibliography: 


Authors Note: 
This story started out where a monkey was able to complete a task and found a hidden world and because of his discovery, he became king of the monkeys. I liked this story but kept thinking of the movie Tarzan and so I decided to mesh the two. I think this has a lot of interesting facts that follow both story plots. 

Image: 


Image result for tarzan

5 comments:

  1. Hi Asaleigh, I really like that you wrote the story in first person point of view. It gives so much more detail to the readers of the emotions running through the main character. I love how you started the story! Wow, your story is so interesting in so many aspects. I got so excited when the main character was on the back of the ape and he asked if she trusted him! I loveee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Asaleigh. Interesting story and well written from a first person perspective. It does favor Tarzan a lot more than the Monkey King. Once I read the line about the apes with a man I kinda figured where it was going. Not a bad choice but maybe put more Monkey King than Tarzan to through people off from figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Ace! I loved the story! I have to say that I absolutely loved the first person perspective you gave in the story. And you did an excellent job showing the thoughts and feelings of the characters throughout the story. This is especially important for me because it helps me relate with the characters and draws me in deeper to the story! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey again, Ace!

    This is a very great and well-written story! I immediately picked up the Tarzan vibes when reading the first couple of paragraphs. I used to watch the animated film when I was young all of the time. That was definitely one of my favorites growing up. I think that you did a great job with this retelling. I am looking forward to reading more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ace!

    Great story! I thought it was really smart of you to combine a familiar story like Tarzan into your interpretation! I also like that you ended the story with a question. That is something I had never thought to do, but I really like it, because it makes the reader stop and think! The title is nice and attention grabbing as well!

    ReplyDelete

Growth Mindset: Week 15

                                     CAT  I chose this one because it is so true. You must keep going to learn yoru skills and to grow a...