Friday, November 17, 2017

Story: Robbie: Week Thirteen

Story:
In recent years there has been talk of a young boy running through the forests of Oregon. He has been seen everywhere from the coast to the Willamette forest and everything in between. The way they talked about this boy was less human-like and more like Sasquatch or Bigfoot. No one had any proof he existed other than the chaos that he left behind.
I am so rude, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Melody and I have grown up here in this small town of Bend. I am pretty quiet and tend to observe more than anything simply because I have been let down a lot in my life and so blending in is what I do best. I am fifteen now and am so happy to leave this state as soon as I walk across that stage.
Now enough of me back to Robbie. That’s what I have named him because everyone needs a name. I don’t think that Robbie has any parents and I have some pretty bad ones so I feel like we kind of connected on a different level that most people don’t.
The first time I saw him I was walking home from school just listening to my music minding my own business and there he was. He was running from someone’s backyard in such a panic that I didn’t quite know what to do. He looked at me and winked and from there I was hooked.
I needed to find out who he was and how I could be his best friend. I started with Google. Researching the strange boy that everyone talked about but never actually saw. I needed to find a way to his bubble and I would do whatever it took. Stay tuned for our next encounter…


Authors note:
                I chose to take a new track to Robin Hood. I thought by bringing it to this time period and making it from the eyes of a young girl, we could see a different perspective of who he is. I feel like sometimes Robin Hood isn’t looked at as a good guy and with her perspective, maybe I can fix his bad reputation.

Bibliography:
                         Robin Hood - Francis James Child


Image: 

 Image result for bend oregon forest fire
                      Oregon

8 comments:

  1. Hey again Ace! How funny that I just commented on your Introduction raving about wanting to see the forests in Oregon and now here you are writing a story about them! I can totally imagine Robin Hood running through Oregon, hiding in the trees. Great use of imagery here! I can't wait to read about the next encounter! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ace!
    To be honest, I had no idea that the the story you chose to retell was Robin Hood. It was a fresh and very different take on the character and story than people are used to, but it was very interesting. I love how Melody chose to give the mysterious person the name "Robbie". It's quite ironic. Great story overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ace!
    What a wonderful story you told. I was so interested in tracking what was going on in the story because you managed to catch my attention pretty quickly. I liked how you brought the story into a modern time setting. I only wish that you would have gone on for longer. You did a great job with this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ace! I loved how you creatively retold this story and set it in your own home state — what a cool personal touch. And the character you created is really interesting — you definitely give a lot of clues about her backstory, which seems really fascinating. It definitely makes me want to keep reading and see what what Melody figures out about Robbie. Good job with this story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ace! I totally wouldn't have guessed from your story that you were retelling Robin Hood, but I thought you did a really nice job in the tone and perspective you chose. You're talented at writing short and sweet, though I think I'd love to read more about these characters if you were to expand on this story! Also, I thought it was clever that you set the story in Bend, Oregon, since you noted in your Introduction that you're from there! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ace! I love that this story was set in your home state of Oregon! That made it so so much sweeter! I definitely had no idea that it was Robin Hood so you totally threw me off there. I really appreciate you pointing it out in your author's note because that let me appreciate all the cool things you changed! I also really liked how short you kept it, it made the story concise and focussed it! Overall great job! Good luck on finals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ace,
    Great story! I like how you incorporated Oregon into your story, you must be home sick and that sucks. hopefully youll get to go home after graduation! But i liked how you re-told the story of robin hood. It was an interesting way to tell the story! I think it was cool too how you left an anticipation for another story! hopefully we will be able to read the next story? anyways thanks Ace have a great rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there again, Ace!

    I am a huge fan of Robin Hood and his adventures. I was excited to see that you wanted to write more about him and change his image in a positive way. I think that he sometimes get a bad rep for what he does. However, I think he is one of the most entertaining characters to read about. You did a great job with the story!

    ReplyDelete

Growth Mindset: Week 15

                                     CAT  I chose this one because it is so true. You must keep going to learn yoru skills and to grow a...